Thursday, September 25, 2014

WIP: Orktober 31st (Update - Scenery!)


I have GROSSLY underestimated the amount of spackle needed to make this happen.

Had to go back out to the hardware store and buy some more this morning. Was able to slather the works on. I created some texture to the piece by utilizing spackle's inherent stickiness to itself. Just pat it with a gloved hand a little to smooth the creases out, and as it sticks to you, it pulls up a tad. I just moved my fingers in different directions to make different textures. Problem is this stuff is nowhere NEAR dry. Gotta wait to put basecoats on it.


While I wait for it to dry, started work on the trees. Lighting is terrible on my workbench unless I get my good lamps out, so you can't see the colors too well. Also, after the fact, I noticed my daughter's pink camo Tau made it into the shot that she's been working on:


Also, a test shot with some styrene strips...and you get the idea as to what I'm doing with the trees!


No comments:

Post a Comment