Wednesday, September 3, 2014

WIP: Warpath (Update)



Finally got the flesh tones right!

After using some Tamiya flesh paint, the colors were a bit off...something about how that particular paint has a weird sheen to it that I just couldn't seem to tone down. So I've been waiting for some new paint in the mail to get back to this guy. Well, it all finally arrived, and I'm much happier with the skin tone now. I promptly tossed my jar of Tamiya Flesh into the garbage, as that's the second time its bit me trying to create a uniform skin tone. It mixes poorly and creates a plastic-like sheen that I couldn't get to flatten down no matter what I tried. So, its Vallejo from here on out for skin!

Beyond that, I'd call him about 90% done. This shot was taken while I was waiting on the base coat gold to dry, so its a little more "bronze" than gold, so its going to get lightened up, and then face details and a few highlights and shades. About another 3-4 days worth of work, then on to some pro shots and shipping this guy back to his owner!

No comments:

Post a Comment