Monday, May 4, 2015

WIP: Dragon Models Thor - Basecoats


Avengers fever!

Trying to clear out my Shelf of Shame with half-finished kits. Things that take up larger footprints get priority, so the Dragon Models box with my 25% complete Thor was an obvious candidate.

I had painted the face a while back, doing a skin tone test with Vallejo paints. I was really happy with how the face turned out, but I really didn't much like dealing with the Vallejo paints. To me they didn't airbrush on as well as the Tamiya did, I know some people will disagree, but just my personal preference.

I also worked on Mjolnir a bit. Started with Citadel paints, I believe based in Mechanicus Standard Gray and then washed in black, then dry brushed up to look a little marbleized.


After that, I worked on the metallic parts of the armor. Originally was going to airbrush this, as it takes up a lot of the kit, but I don't much care how metallics flow through the brush, so I just stuck to the Citadel line. Pretty basic stuff...based in Leadbelcher, washed in black, then brought back up with a few different metallics on the high points. I haven't done the chest area with the washes and highlights yet, as I was going to test tinting it to the Dark World outfit (this is technically the outfit from that movie, though I want him to fit in with the Avengers kits, so it might be a hodgepodge of the two).


Next up is to work on the clothing, but I'm out of time, so I'll get back to it tonight. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment