Monday, May 25, 2015

WIP: SAFS Snowman (Stripes and masks)


Getting Bowser ready.

So time to make my Ma.K kit look a little less war torn and a little more like its from the SNES era. I'm trying to toe the line between what these kits should look like if it was done as a true Ma.K kit, and the cartoony, pristine clown ship from Super Mario Land.

I started (above) by masking off the areas I wanted to spray green. Originally I was going to make the color more faded and war torn, but figured that was going too far one direction. The compromise was to do the true green, but eventually chip it up.

I then took the smiley decal from the kit, and placed some masking tape over it. I then traced an outline around it with a pen that would serve as an inverse mask for the orange area for the clown ship. I applied the mask, and sprayed:


After I let that dry, it was a simple matter of applying the decals.


Thanks for looking! More to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment