Tuesday, May 12, 2015

WIP: Eldar Crimson Hunter - Chrome work


Enamel is dry, time to chrome!

So after being uber-cautious (probably more than necessary), I finally gave the enamel enough time to gas out and dry completely. Time to get the Alclad Chrome out.

I donned my gloves and went to town. Alclad actually dries quite quickly, allowing me to do both sides at once, unlike the enamel, which dries so slowly I could only do the top and bottom halves separately. I sprayed at the recommended 15 psi, and just used two very light coats. With Alclad, there's a very fine line between too little and too much. Too little, and well, you just have no paint on there. Too much, and the chrome fails to reflect the gloss black underneath, and actually dulls. When it first goes on, its a little less shiny:


But after a few minutes of drying time, it looks great, and reflected my purple shirt quite well!


While I waited on that to dry, I primed up the weaponry, which I did not want to be chromed:


Once the Alclad is dry enough to handle, its time to do accent colors. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment