Monday, May 4, 2015

WIP: Portal Turret - Captain America


Clearing out the back log!

Decided to get some stuff off the "half complete" Shelf of Shame. I wasn't happy with the color blue I originally sprayed on this, so I shelved it after getting frustrated. So with a few things waiting in the wings drying (The Tau Devilfish and Crimson Hunter), I decided to start on the Shelf of Shame. I guess it might be Shelf of Shame month.

So I picked this guy back up, just got the Tamiya gloss blue out, and sprayed it, then masked off the "A" and the star for the center with some vinyl masks from Aztek Dummy designed for the Polar Lights Captain America kit:


The just sprayed on some white to get the final effect:


The masks were too big to do all the white at once (the stripes and the shield) due to overlap, so I have to revisit that, but as the paint dries today, I'll get back to it. You can check out the completed turrets here:

Iron Man

Nick Fury

Hulk

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment