Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Deadlines!

So, this might be counter-intuitive, but I really dig deadlines.  Seems I do my best work when I'm under pressure and my hand is forced.  Mentally, I hate being under the gun, but my end result is always worth it in the end.

I'm signed up for a model contest at my local Games Workshop store, and we have a month to build and paint a kit. Contest wraps up on June 8. I love contests like this, they get me motivated and moving, and it makes me work fast and diligently. 

The other really cool thing about contests like this is getting to see what everyone else is working on. Yeah, its fun to win, but I probably derive more pleasure from seeing other people do their best and look at different methods and kits and color schemes that I would have never thought about. When people build and paint well, I have to bring my A-game, so it makes me a better modeler as well.

Can't wait for it to wrap up so I can share what I've been working on!

No comments:

Post a Comment