Monday, May 19, 2014

Model Showcase: Rhino (Diamond Select Repaint)


This is one of the many Spider-Man Rogues Gallery busts that I repainted. The original paint job was typical factory blandness, and I got a bunch of these busts to repaint and make better. I have a bunch of these still in a closet with primer on them that I haven't gotten to, my head of steam totally lost almost a decade later.

Another of the prepainted busts, Rhino. Size-wise, this is one of the largest busts I've done. Most of him is covered in gray, which is problematic to make him "pop." Between his suit and the webs, there's so much lack of color, I decided to go with an overly stylized cartoon face to bring focus to the one area that wasn't drab.

I added some silver paint drybrushed on the webs to also differentiate them and give them a bit of a sheen to set them apart as well.  You can see the original here.




No comments:

Post a Comment