Monday, May 19, 2014

Model Showcase: Sandman (Diamond Select Repaint)

 
This is one of the many Spider-Man Rogues Gallery busts that I repainted. The original paint job was typical factory blandness, and I got a bunch of these busts to repaint and make better. I have a bunch of these still in a closet with primer on them that I haven't gotten to, my head of steam totally lost almost a decade later.

Last of the Spider-Man Rogues Gallery for a while, thanks for sitting through them.

This was painted up before Thomas Haden Church was Sandman in Spider-Man 3. Lots of drybrushing on this to add depth to the sand. Also, the face has a lot more depth now than it previously did.

One thing I do remember is that the black and green stripes didn't line up on the sculpt at all. They made sense on the front, but between the back and shoulders they somehow got misaligned, and one black stripe converged onto a green one. As I wanted to do something quick without a ton of surgery, I corrected this by just using the pin lines for black and regular green for the whole shirt. I also drybrushed the sand onto the green a little bit, to help the segue from "normal" to sandy mode. You can see the original here.




No comments:

Post a Comment