Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Model Showcase: Hulk (Flying Fish Studios)

You won't like me when I'm angry!
Here is a big huge GIGANTIC resin kit, largest and heaviest kit I've ever done. Tons of fun too.  Did this pre-airbrush days, and looking at it now, if I still had this bad boy, I'd love to redo it and use my new toys on it.  As is, the over-musculature did decently with the drybrushing, and my makeshift "diorama" turned out not too shabby.

The dio is pretty much asphalt shingles cut down to the size of the MDF board I mounted Hulk to.  I made the foot indentations by basically cutting two huge holes into the MDF board where his feet when, then gluing small strips of the asphalt shingles in the remaining area. The curb is just bath tiles from Lowes with textured Krylon spray paint. A slight nod to some of my favorite bands at the time, and a few Easter egg-type posters can be found on the broken power pole, including a "Lost Dog" sign for the Inhumans dog, Lockjaw.  The power pole is just a broom stick that I broke and drilled onto the base, and the posters are just card stock print outs slathered in Elmers glue.



 

2 comments:

  1. This is my favorite hulk.
    Any idea where I can buy one ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ts a garage kit, no longer available unfortunately.

      Delete