Monday, May 19, 2014

Model Showcase: Hulk (Garage Kit)


1/6 scale Perna Hulk bust!

A 1/6 scale Hulk bust by garage kit company Resonating in Resin. Subject matter is cool, and I jumped all over the chance to do another Gabe Perna sculpt.  However, I just didn't do it justice. I did this very early in my painting career, right after I had learning figure kits and garage kits were a thing.

Unfortunately I had already sold this off before I got around to repainting it.  I'd love to have another shot at it, but a client saw it and had to have it. The Hulk himself is turned out pretty good. The details Perna put in pick up paint very well. However, knowing what I know now I could have done the base/vat so much better. I just slapped around a bunch of different greens, not really having a place to start.

I am supremely happy with the jeans though. I used some light purple to bring the frayed parts of the denim out.




No comments:

Post a Comment