Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Model Showcase: Punisher (Garage Kit)


1/6 scale Punisher. Nuf said.

One of the first garage kits of the Punisher, by resin producer Flying Fish. I was really anxious to have a Punisher on my shelf, so I picked this up, based on the Bradstreet covers when the Punisher started to make his resurgence.

This kit had its issues, however. While the casting and fit of pieces was fine, the kit, especially the face, was very bland on detail, and the coloration allowed by the character was very monochromatic. It made it imperative that the skin tones and white skull show up well.

As it was so soft on detail, the blacks used were lightly drybrushed gray as best as I could. I created as much contrast as I could on the skin by making very hard lines around the cheeks and under the eyes to look like lack of sleep. I had to pretty much manufacture detail around those areas to make them look less flat.

The skull was sort of free handed. I don't have the ability to do something freehanded to that accuracy at that size, so I put a decal down. However, ALSO at that size, decals don't blend well for the rest of the figure, so I painted over the decal to tone it down and look like the rest of the piece.




No comments:

Post a Comment