Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Model Showcase: Stormtrooper (Kaiyodo)



1/6 scale Stormtrooper from Star Wars. This was my first attempt at using alternative paints for a desired finish.
 


To get that glossy white, I used auto paint as opposed to the more "pure" white that you get from a Tamiya style paint. It also afforded me easier coverage, as, at the time, I was doing everything strictly by brush.  Went back in to fill in the black parts of the under suit, and voila, done!

Funny story on this kit...I remember one of the decals tore on his helmet, and I about had a fit of fury, as I had to pick this kit up on the aftermarket for probably more than I should've paid for it. In a moment of panic, I figured I'd have to actually paint the detail on, and tried to get the torn portion of the decal off of the helmet, when it slid into place perfectly.  I had zero decal experience at the time, so this was definitely a moment of accidental awesomeness.




No comments:

Post a Comment