Friday, May 16, 2014

Model Showcase: Apocalypse (Garage Kit)


This is abust of the X-Men villain Apocalypse in 1/4 scale. Created by Killing Time Kits and sculpted by one of my favorites, Gabe Perna, who has done some amazing work. His sculpts always bring out the best in my paint work.

As with most busts, this was a quick build, about a week to paint. Knowing what I know now, I probably wouldn't have used my Tamiya paints to drybrush him as much. Tamiya paints are VERY liquid, excellent for airbrushing, but really only just adequate for using a true paint brush, and poor at best for drybrushing.

The metallic blue is one of my favorite colors Tamiya puts out, and I used almost a whole pot of it here. Even without the aid of an airbrush, it still goes on incredibly smooth. Their metallic are some of the best in my opinion, second only to Alclad, but without the hassle of the stages you have to put in.

Anyways, here's Mr. Grouchy Face in all of his glory.




No comments:

Post a Comment