Monday, May 19, 2014

Model Showcase: Joker (Garage Kit)


A fantastic rendition of Heath Ledger's Joker in resin form!

This 1/6 scale resin kit by Needful Things is something to behold. This was another first place finisher for me, and the pose and sculpt just ooze "wicked" which certainly helped. Of everything on my shelf, this kit still draws peoples' eyes first because it is so recognizable.

With so much purple, I was afraid this would end up being too monochromatic, but the flash of the jacket lining, and the white base, really help make this guy stand out.  Fortunately it was keyed so well, even in big resin, that I didn't need to do much putty work to fix him up.

His face is definitely the stand out part here.  I actually painted the entire face like it would normally be, without make up. Then, I used an actual make up sponge dipped in white paint to apply the make up. The effect was fantastic. I then used some pastel and water mix for the shading around his eyes. The base was sprayed white, then I just grimed it up...lots of black pastel, free handed lettering, and I even dipped my fingers in red paint and held it for a real chaos, no planning effect. The knife was molded from pewter, so I left it as is.





No comments:

Post a Comment