Monday, May 19, 2014

Model Showcase: Magneto (Garage Kit)


 
A large resin bust of the master of magnetism!

This is a 1/4 scale bust from a garage kit company called Killing Time. It had two swappable heads (one with a helmet, the other without) but the one without had two things going against it: a massive mold line down the middle of the hair, and all of Magneto's hair is white! I hate painting pure white with a passion.

I picked this up since I couldn't find a good full sized version of the figure. Afterward, I started picking up all the X-Men villains in bust form for continuity's sake, even if they were in different scales and by different sculptors.

So, his helmet was done using different craft paints since they have a few other pearly options in red. In retrospect, I'd've done everything a tad darker. I did his eyes in blue to convey the powers being used. Beyond that, it was pretty straight forward. Reds and purples, drybrushed lighter and washed darker for depth.



No comments:

Post a Comment