Monday, May 19, 2014

Model Showcase: Ultimate Thor (Diamond Select)


Yet another prepaint bust repainted. I'm trying to get through them as fast as I can to get to the good stuff!

Here is one that I really enjoyed...Ultimate Thor. I never cared much for Thor until reading the Ultimate series of comics, but the new take on the character brought what WAS a ridiculous premise to a more grounded reality.

This was fun to do, since I could actually bring the flesh tones out instead of the sickly pale version that almost all prepaints seem to be. I also used some pastels to give the circles a slight glowing effect, that I'm still moderately proud of doing without an airbrush at the time. He also took a fall and the strap broke off, as did some of his hair in front of his face, so some of that is resculpted from scratch. For some reason Diamond Select doesn't have this on their page anymore, but you can see some of the original shots here.




No comments:

Post a Comment