Monday, May 19, 2014

Model Showcase: Rogue (Garage Kit)


How about some X-Men?

Here's Rogue from a garage kit company called Collector's Den. I tried to get a 1/6 scale version of all of the X-Men, and had serious trouble tracking down a Rogue. I stumbled across this and instantly had to get it. I always dug the 90's version of almost all of the X-characters, so this was right up my alley.

The sculpt was pretty good, but the casting job...wowzers. One of the worst I had ever seen. I had to toss the base, as it was a jumbled mess. The knee pads especially I recall being difficult.

I mixed in a cheap craft paint version of metallic green to the regular green I used on her suit to give it that "spandex" look. Beyond that, added some gloss red to the lips really brought the face out from a meh sculpt to a bit more feminine.




No comments:

Post a Comment